[vc_row][vc_column css_animation=”bounceInLeft”][vc_column_text]The H.F. Epstein Hebrew Academy is a child-centered Orthodox Jewish day school, dedicated to educating Jewish children in Torah and general studies and nurturing children’s love for Israel and the Jewish people. Children are taught to think critically, to reason and to excel in all the academic disciplines; the school also models lessons in middot (character building) and chesed (caring for each other).
The Academy, the first Jewish day school in Missouri, has been pioneering the field of Jewish education in the St. Louis area since 1943. Academy graduates become Torah scholars, educators and leaders in the Jewish community as well as active professionals in the arts, sciences, business, law and government. The school is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and is associated with the Torah U’Mesorah network of schools (the National Association of Hebrew Day Schools) and Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools.
The H.F. Epstein Hebrew is an Orthodox Day School, disciplined and inspired by Torah, dedicated to the Jewish People and the State of Israel. Committed to excellence in religious and general studies, the school seeks to educate Jewish children in a creative, progressive and nurturing environment.
The EHA Philosophy
- The Epstein Hebrew Academy education is holistic in nature and promotes cognitive growth, emotional and social well-being and academic excellence.
- EHA provides individualized support so that every student shines, and develops his/her own leadership.
- School, Student and Parent form a true collaborative partnership to ensure that each student and each family thrives throughout their years in the school.
- EHA inspires curiosity and trains life-long learners. Our faculty model this curiosity and thirst for knowledge and growth.
- EHA demands the highest of standards of academic excellence within both Judaic and general studies, as the pursuit of knowledge causes a deeper understanding and appreciation for all that G-d creates and provides.
- EHA lives by our sages’ dictum: “Decency and Kindness precede Torah Study.” The faculty model Middot Tovot, positive behavioral education, and carefully craft this learning into the fiber of everything we do.
- Our Torah demands of everyone a civic responsibility, and that we actively engage as global citizens of the world in which we live.
- The State of Israel is central to our Jewish identity, and to our devotion to the Jewish people.
- EHA graduates young Torah scholars with a thirst for Torah’s wisdom, granting them the skill set to unlock our sacred texts and debate our tradition’s deepest questions.
- Judaism is a religion of all five senses. Our experiential education curriculum immerses our students in the sensory components of religious practice and in the spirit and joy of religious observance.
- As our students explore their evolving world, their guidance and education employs the very best and current educational practices that focus on student-centered 21st century skills. Technology, collaborative game-play, creativity and every best teaching tool is used as we guide our students on their own journeys